Tuesday, July 22, 2014

In Finisterre -- no more walking

The last day of walking always brings a mix of emotions. I think my body is programmed to know that it's going to be stopping soon, so those last few hills were just a little slower and more sluggish than usual. But I never really want to stop walking, even though I do want to see the family and have things I'm looking forward to doing back home. But no more walking.....

Today I saw a sign for a bar on the beach, about a km off the Camino. Now you might think it's silly to walk that far for a cup of coffee, but it's not every day I get to see this with my morning coffee:


And then reconnecting with the Camino took me along some other coastal paths:



Well worth the little bit of extra walking. 

Arrived in Finisterre about two pm


I am in the albergue with the group from several days ago and we have plans to walk up to the lighthouse tonight for sunset. Fingers crossed, it's very clear and sunny, so I may finally see my first Finisterre sunset! 

No comments:

Post a Comment