Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Forging ahead into La Robla

Ok yesterday was hard. It was my fifth day walking alone and it was starting to drain my spirits. But the magic of the camino -- first, while I was taking a boots-off break, my phone rang and it was Lee, a camino friend calling from Moixent on the Levante. Then Reb brought up a picnic from Moratinos and we had a good heart to heart, a short walk--totally what the doctor ordered to pick up my spirits. And then the icing on the cake, Ender and wife drove around the mountains for a visit. It was wonderful.



The warm feelings hung with me through today's kind of long and lonely walk. 

The scenery was pretty till right outside of la Robla, where in the blink of an eye my view went from this


To this



La Robla is coal country, a town north of Leon that is also on the camino Salvador, a favorite of mine. I have to admit I'm tempted to switch over--there will be people, I love the route --  hmmmmm. 

Tough decision.  And I may just wait till I wake up tomorrow morning to make it!  That would be very uncharacteristic of a pretty obsessive planner like me but the camino does strange things to you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment