Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Short day

My choice was  25 or 36 and I went for the shorter day. Only two more days to Santiago -- tomorrow will be 30+ but then on Thursday I'll have only about 15.

All sorts of people walking. It's funny -- when I watch them streaming by it seems like they are all part of the same big blob. But then when I talk with them, everyone has his or her own story, and some of them are quite amazing. 

And there are lots of Romanesque churches hidden away in little villages. So nice! 




My one regret on todays walk is that I arrived in Melide too early to eat pulpo. At 9 am, it just didn't appeal. I'll have to find an acceptable substitute for Ezequiel's place over the next few days. 

But my disappointment was offset by the surprise that the Romanesque church right outside Melide was OPEN!  It has a few nice capitals and some 14th century frescoes, but I thought the highlight was the 12th century iron work


The walk was not too challenging but very pretty. I had forgotten how pretty these last few days on the Francés are. Lucky me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment