Saturday, July 12, 2014

Monastery town of Samos

Today I had only planned to walk 21 kms or so, but when I got to Triacastela around 11:30, it seemed silly to wait there for the albergue to open an hour and a half later, especially when the next town was only 9 more kms away.  So off I went and here I am.

Today's walk was pretty beautiful. All fogged in as the sun rose


and then gradually the landscape opened up. Lots of up and down followed by another up and down and another through green tunnels and over rivers. Even though there are lots of people walking, it doesn't feel crowded on the walk itself, just when we all agglomerate at the end point. 

Since I'm walking alone I fall in and out of groups easily and share little bits and pieces till someone stops or speeds up or slows down. It's fun to hear people's stories -- coincidence of the day was that I met a young teacher who was born in my home town while her dad was getting a Ph.D. 

I'm in a pensión again and wonder if I'm losing the hang of the albergue thing. Maybe tomorrow. Though I'm not in the albergue of the monastery I have a nice view of it from my window



No comments:

Post a Comment