Monday, July 7, 2014

My detour to Peñalba de Santiago

For years I have wanted to walk to the tiny town of Peñalba de Santiago. It's lost in the mountains about 25 km from a town on the Camino Frances. Well this year it looks like I will get my wish! Yesterday my pal Rebekah drove up from her small town of Moratinos and we had a rendezvous in Ponferrada. This morning we set out in a walk to Las Puentes de Malpaso, which turned out to be a gorgeous walk up and over a few crests, over two Roman/medieval bridges and along waterfalls splashing into pools and then into the town of El Acebo, which is located on the Camino. From here tomorrow we'll have a walk through the mountains I see out the window of my B&B,




and then on Wednesday, we'll complete the circle back to Ponferrada. Looking forward to a great dinner tonight here in La Trucha, our very comfy, friendly and cozy place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment