Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Made it to Bilbao.

I left Champaign on a flight around noon. When at 8 pm my plane flew over Cincinnati I realized I was not on the direct route to Madrid, having gone to Chicago to Dallas to Madrid and finally Bilbao. My plane from Dallas was 45 minutes late, giving me exactly one half hour to exit the plane from Row 31, go through customs, take the train to the main terminal, go through security and then get to my gate. When I got about two gates from J33, I saw a man waving and calling -- señora Reynolds, con prisa.  That was the closest connection I have ever made. 

So I've spent a few hours walking in Bilbao and am ready to sleep. I don't know why after all these trips to Spain but I am still always blown away by the huge multi-generational crowds in plazas in late afternoon. If I saw these huge gatherings at home I would assume something awful was going on. Such a fun place to sit and watch. Bilbao strikes me as a very happy city. 

Susanna should get here around 11pm so time for a rest. Tomorrow we walk! 


No comments:

Post a Comment