Friday, June 27, 2014

A long long day

I left the hotel around 7:30 knowing that my first challenge would be a 9 k route up to an abandoned coal mine and then across a ridge and through woods to a small town. Just as I thought, the walk up to the mine was easy, well marked, good surface, all very obvious,



but then lots of crisscrossing trails and a lack of marking made it rough. But it was beautiful -- thankfully I could enjoy the beauty because of the tracks Susanna had made for the gps. I don't know how she did it but she is a miracle lady. I would not have found my way without them (I had a backup plan but didn't need it, thankfully).

Is this an arrow????



Then for about the next four or five hours the path went through fields with the mountains in the back. 


I was very happy to arrive in Guardo, even though it's not much of a town. I think I have set my distance record and will take a shorter day tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment