Sunday, June 29, 2014

In La Velilla

Today started out rather grim. 



7 km alongside a regional road. Not much traffic but not much beauty either. But in La Espina things took a turn for the better. Newly marked off road alternatives  took me down to Puente de Almuhey, from there more off road tracks along the Tuejar River and by 1pm, just as it was starting to sprinkle, I made it to my destination --a nice casa rural next to the old Velilla church with a big old statue of Santiago in case anyone doubts the authenticity of this route. 

After a big loud thunderstorm the sun came out and I decided to visit the little town next door -- not much going on except cows lying in the streets and men sitting on the stoop. 


But then came the big surprise. I decided to start up tomorrow's path and after a km or two, this is where I was: 


Amazing -- and I get to go back tomorrow!  



No comments:

Post a Comment